We deal with your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“the Act”) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) set out in the Act. We also comply with the Spam Act 2003 (Cth) which imposes various restrictions on sending emails.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect and hold the following personal information:
- Your name, contact details, address, phone number and email;
- Your work, business;
- Your browsing history on our website; and
- Records of your communications with us.
HOW DO WE COLLECT THE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Generally we collect your personal information directly from you, including when you use our social media sites, or our website, or when you call us or email us. However, in some instances we may collect personal information from third parties, for example when we perform a credit check on you. We also use software like cookies to tell us how you use our website. Cookies are tiny digital identifiers that are automatically stored on your computer and help us to personalise our service to you. You can turn them off or delete these at any time in your website browser settings. We need your personal information to provide you with some or all of our services.
WHY DO WE COLLECT AND HOLD YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect and hold your personal information to:
- Communicate with you regarding your enquiry, or use of our website and services;
- Perform services for you where relevant;
- Comply with our obligations under the law in terms of record keeping;
- Provide information relevant to you;
- Analyse your interaction with our services to produce statistical information that we can use to optimise the information, services and any advertising we provide to you;
- Provide information to third parties as authorised or required by law.
WHEN DO WE DISCLOSE IT?
We do not sell your personal information, and we do not use your personal information or disclose it to another organisation unless:
- It is reasonably necessary for one or more of the purposes described above;
- Because of the nature of the information or collection, we believe you would expect us to use the information or disclose it;
- It is required or authorised by law, or we suspect something unlawful and it is necessary for us to take action;
- It is necessary to protect the rights, property, health or personal safety of a customer, client, us or the public and it is impracticable to obtain your consent;
- You have provided your consent or it is for a purpose expressly permitted under the Act;
- It is necessary to obtain third party services, such as analytics, data storage or payment service providers.
WHAT IF YOU DON’T WANT IT DISCLOSED?
If you don’t want your personal information to be disclosed, please contact us at email@example.com . Provided the disclosure is not required by law we will assist.
STORAGE AND SECURITY
We will take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information, including against loss, unauthorised access, disclosure, misuse or modification. We will ensure that organisations to whom disclosure is made are compliant with the Act.
YOUR RIGHTS TO ACCESS AND DISCLOSURE
There are some other circumstances where we may withhold your personal information including:
- Where the request is frivolous or vexatious;
- Where providing access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of another person;
- Where we believe that withholding the personal information is necessary to protect the rights, property, health or personal safety of a customer, client, us or the public; or
- Where the information relates to negotiations or anticipated legal proceedings between you and us.
Except where we are permitted or required by law to withhold your personal information, you have the right to access it. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to access, correct or delete your personal information.